The possibilities for advancing a child’s knowledge are limitless. We a curriculum program which allows each child to learn at his or her own pace, while having fun. The program is based on the proven works of theorists such as Piaget, Bruner, Vygotsky, Erickson, and others.
Our age-specific curriculum programs:
- Promote creativity, family involvement, and the development of the whole child.
- Provide a balance between teacher instruction and child exploration.
- Develop essential school readiness skills.
Written by early childhood experts, each curriculum program allows you to choose the activities that best meet children’s needs and interests.
We structure our curriculum around four key elements of development to ensure the growth of the whole child.
Social Your child will communicate with others verbally and nonverbally to engage the world around them. You child will make new friends and gain the confidence, self-esteem, and negotiating skills necessary for a lifetime of healthy relationships.
Emotional Children will enjoy a safe, nurturing “home away from home” where they can learn to express themselves and understand their own unique identities. Your child will gain the comfort and confidence to forge trusting relationships, value their individuality, and have fun just being himself.
lLil' Peas & SproutsPhysical We focus on the physical health and well-being of your child so he grows up safe and strong. Motor-skill development, coordination, mobility, and exercise all help ensure your growing child has a healthy body for a lifetime.
Lil' Peas & SproutsIntellectual Our programs help build brain power by supporting the development of judgment, perception, memory, reasoning, critical thinking, and language through a series of age-appropriate cognitive activities. Reading, writing, and math are important and children learn by experiencing the world around them.
We remain committed to bringing the highest quality early childhood education and care to our children and their families
What Your Child Will Learn at Lil' Peas & Sprouts Learning Center:
Sample Infant Curriculum
Your infant will learn age-appropriate social, emotional, physical, and intellectual skills in our care.
- Engaging with others by expressing needs through babbling, gestures, and facial expressions
- Imitating teachers’ speech rhythms and inflections
- Interacting with picture books, puppets, and photo cards
- Listening to stories, songs, rhymes, and finger plays
- Engaging in sensitive, responsive interactions with highly attentive teachers
- Exploring self expression through creative arts and play
- Lifting head, rolling from side to side, and crawling
- Practicing standing and walking with direct support from attentive teachers
- Coordinating body movements through music and dance
- Exploring the environment through the five senses
- Engaging with objects of different shapes, sizes, and textures
- Experimenting with concepts of spatial orientation and cause and effect
Sample Toddler (2 year old) Curriculum
Your two-year-old will learn age-appropriate social, emotional, physical, and intellectual skills.
- Practicing conversation skills through group story-telling and reading aloud
- Starting to play alongside others rather than alone
- Imitating the actions of classmates and teachers
- Learning to share and cooperate
- Identifying own feelings and those of others
- Expressing creativity through art and music
- Developing imagination and exploring dramatic play
- Riding tricycles, tossing balls, dancing, and jumping
- Increasing balance skills using bean bags and balance beams
- Developing fine-motor skills by pouring, cutting, drawing, and stringing
- Practicing self-help skills such as hand washing and dressing
- Learning new vocabulary and repeating words and short sentences
- Indentifying numbers and counting
- Using the senses to investigate the world
- Problem solving and making predictions
Sample Mobile Infant (12 months - 23 months) Curriculum
Your mobile infant will learn age-appropriate social, emotional, physical, and intellectual skills in our care.
- Imitating and responding to the words and actions of others
- Identifying and naming familiar items
- Engaging in conversations using pictures and puppets
- Following simple directions and asking questions
- Learning to understand and express emotions appropriately
- Developing strong listening skills through storytelling
- Interacting with peers in a group setting
- Learning about body parts through songs and rhymes
- Crawling, jumping, running, kicking, and tossing
- Gaining enhanced eye-hand coordination through writing, drawing, and lacing shoes
- Learning and responding to own name
- Identifying and sorting basic colors
- Learning cause and effect through trial and error with musical instruments
Sample Pre-School (3-4 year) Curriculum
Your preschooler will learn age-appropriate social, emotional, physical, and intellectual skills.
- Cooperating as a group
- Understanding social concepts such as “please” and “thank you”
- Helping in the classroom with watering plants or setting up snacks
- Taking comfort in using familiar objects
- Expanding the mind by trying new things
- Gaining confidence from success
- Strengthening balance, motor skills, and coordination
- Running, jumping, and throwing
- Recognizing and writing letters and words
- Participating in read-aloud exercises
- Identifying numbers, counting, and estimating items
- Exploring physical properties of water, sand, and paper
Sample School Age (5-12) Curriculum
Your School Age will learn age-appropriate social, emotional, physical, and intellectual skills
- Making new friends
- Cooperating versus competing
- Learning distinctions between fantasy and reality
- Dealing with peers and criticism
- Dealing with stress
- Expressing feelings
- Demonstrating advanced muscle control
- Building hand-eye coordination
- Participating in hands-on activities
- Engaging in group sports
- Gaining advanced language and listening skills
- Building an increasingly complex vocabulary
- Establishing long-term plans
- Understanding abstract concepts and thinking
- Understanding and following rules