How We Ensure Safety & Security
Infant and toddler car seats are safe and reliable.
- Staff are trained in defensive driving skills and transportation safety.
Our playground equipment is safe, sturdy and tested weekly by our staff to ensure it is secure and in good working order.
- We have safe fall zones with soft landing areas if your child takes a tumble.
- The outside play area is secured with fencing.
- The outside play area has a canopy to protect your child from the sun
- We assess every child’s health by talking with parents and monitoring for symptoms during the course of each child’s day with us; we increase assessment during flu season.
- We notify parents when a child does not feel well to help prevent an illness from spreading.
- We clean our center each day with safe, non-toxic cleaning products.
- Our floors are cleaned daily.
- Cleaning supplies are locked safely out of reach of children.
- We clean and sanitize our toys our each evening to help prevent the spread of germs.
- We encourage children to wash their hands throughout the day by singing songs and teaching lessons about health and hygiene.
We have strict policies for administering medication to your child to ensure they are protected.
- We require a doctor’s note for any medication, prescription or over the counter, given to a child under 2 years to ensure safety.
- Medications are stored securely out of the reach of children.
Our center is secured so that only authorized staff and families may enter. CCTV Cameras are installed to ensure safety and quality care. Safe, secure perimeters ensure that children can enjoy outdoor play safely.
- We use safety gates, window guards, and cap electrical outlets. Our center includes smoke detectors, carbon monoxide detectors and fire extinguishers.
We have dedicated, friendly caregivers who are trained in child development, early-childhood education or are attending college.
- We conduct criminal background checks to ensure trustworthy staff and passionate teachers to provide the best care and education for your child.
- Our staff and teachers are trained in first aid and CPR.
We are serious about conducting tornado drills, fire drills, and lock down situations.
- We have an emergency evacuation plan binder in each room.
- We don’t just have a plan, we regularly conduct fire drills, tornadoes, and lock down drills to ensure the safety of your children.
All perishable food is refrigerated.
- Our menu is planned according to USDA standards so your child eats nutritious foods.
- We welcome breastfeeding mothers, and we have careful policies for separating breast milk from formula.
Only pre-approved people with photo identification may pick-up your child.