How We Ensure Safety & Security
- Infant and toddler car seats are safe and reliable.
- Staff are trained in defensive driving skills and transportation safety.
- Our playground equipment is safe, sturdy and tested weekly by our staff to ensure it is secure and in good working order.
- We have safe fall zones with soft landing areas if your child takes a tumble.
- The outside play area is secured with fencing.
- The outside play area has a canopy to protect your child from the sun
- We assess every child’s health by talking with parents and monitoring for symptoms during the course of each child’s day with us; we increase assessment during flu season.
- We notify parents when a child does not feel well to help prevent an illness from spreading.
- We clean our center each day with safe, non-toxic cleaning products.
- Our floors are cleaned daily.
- Cleaning supplies are locked safely out of reach of children.
- We clean and sanitize our toys our each evening to help prevent the spread of germs.
- We encourage children to wash their hands throughout the day by singing songs and teaching lessons about health and hygiene.
- We have strict policies for administering medication to your child to ensure they are protected.
- We require a doctor’s note for any medication, prescription or over the counter, given to a child under 2 years to ensure safety.
- Medications are stored securely out of the reach of children.
- Our center is secured so that only authorized staff and families may enter.
- Cameras are installed to ensure safety and quality care.
- Safe, secure perimeters ensure that children can enjoy outdoor play safely.
- We use safety gates, window guards, and cap electrical outlets.
- Our center includes smoke detectors, carbon monoxide detectors and fire extinguishers.
- We have dedicated, friendly caregivers who are trained in child development, early-childhood education or are attending college.
- We conduct criminal background checks to ensure trustworthy staff and passionate teachers to provide the best care and education for your child.
- Our staff and teachers are trained in first aid and CPR.
- We are serious about conducting tornado drills, fire drills, and lock down situations.
- We have an emergency evacuation plan binder in each room.
- We don’t just have a plan, we regularly conduct fire drills, tornadoes, and lock down drills to ensure the safety of your children.
- All perishable food is refrigerated.
- Our menu is planned according to USDA standards so your child eats nutritious foods.
- We welcome breastfeeding mothers, and we have careful policies for separating breast milk from formula.
- Only pre-approved people with photo identification may pick-up your child.